Local activities abound at Beautiful Pickering! Here are some of our favorites in and around Olympia, Washington. Please contact us if you’d to arrange any activities while you’re in the area. We’d be happy to put together an itinerary for you.
Optional Add-Ons from Beautiful Pickering
- Kayak rental
- In-house massages
- Power boat cruise
- Water sports: water skiing, wake boarding, inner tubing on the bay
- Sunset sail
- Beach Walks
- Forest Bathing
- Power boating
- Water skiing
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Winery Tours
- Whale Watching
- Frye Cove Beach Park – 1.7 miles away for forest walking paths, children’s playground, picnicking.
- Washington State Capitol & State Capitol Museum – newly renovated and open to the public for self-guided tours. Exact replica of nation’s capitol. Good walking paths on Capitol grounds.
- Capitol Lake – beautiful walking path around the lake.
- Korean War Memorial and WWII Memorial – on State Capitol grounds
- Percival Landing Boardwalk – walking around the boat harbor, nearby restaurants, water sculpture for children to play in.
- Alderbrook Resort & Spa – Fun day trip. Golf course, bar & restaurant, luxury spa & pool, outdoor fire pits, views of the Olympic mountains. 35 minutes from Beautiful Pickering.
- Hands On Children’s Museum
- Priest Point Park – forest walking with views of Budd Inlet and the Olympic mountains.
- Budd Bay Park – forest and neighborhood walks on Olympia’s West Side.
- Taylor Shellfish Farms – 20 minute drive from Beautiful Pickering toward Shelton for oysters, clam chowder, other seafood.
- Nisqually Reach Nature Center
- Governor’s Mansion Tour
- Olympic Flight Museum
- Millersylvania State Park – nice place for families, fresh water lake.
- Olympia Farmers Market
- Olympic Peninsula – gorgeous drive along the water, wildlife sightings, bicycling, hiking in Olympic mountains. Towns to visit include Hoodsport, Lilliput, Quilcene, Port Townsend, Port Angeles.
- Ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria, BC – walk on to the ferry for a day trip to a walkable Canadian city.